Applications Systems Analyst
Rochester, New York 14694
- Researching, evaluating, documenting, designing, testing, and implementing new systems or improvements to existing systems. System implementation and support activities include the following:
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements and, with this information, works with development team to develop or modify information systems.
- Acts as a liaison for information systems to customers or customer representatives to provide education, resolve questions, assess customer needs and recommend changes.
- Coordinates analysis and alignment of business and customer needs and documents requirements.
- Works in some phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Creates functional specifications, including screen and report mockups.
- Performs ad hoc data analysis and problem investigation as needed.
- Performs and documents data configuration tasks.
- Performs data and/or functional testing.
- May also have project management involvement as follows:
- Gathers time and resource estimates for requested enhancements from technology and other affected areas.
- Manages project documentation including business cases, statements of work, and requirements specifications.
- Supporting departmental activities and responsibilities in terms of systems management and process support.
- This position is not responsible for the work of others within the department. However, this position is expected to coordinate certain project activities with end users, such as the gathering of functional requirements.
- Four (4) year college degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Growing understanding of business and operational systems and models.
- Knowledge of application tools, web technologies and databases.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving and issue resolution capabilities
- Knowledge of software development processes.
- 4+ years related analysis experience
- Experience with systems development and customization tools.
- Exposure to technologies relevant to the department.
- Strong experience reading XML and analyzing data
- Ability to define and document requirements
- Ability and willingness to analyze large amounts of data
- Must be very detail oriented
- Must have experience working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment and have the ability to multi-task
- Prior data mapping experience
- Ability to interface and communicate with all levels of management and internal and external customers.
- Prior Quality Assurance experience
- Strong research and analysis skills