Application Support Specialist
Post Date: 05/10/2017 2017-05-10 Job ID: 8595 Category: Technology
- This individual will assist project teams with technical planning, software installation and configuration, patching of software applications, and testing of changes to existing software or with installation of new software in a model production environment.
- Additional activities include support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions to the production environment.
- This individual is accountable for the software to perform the following functions: Software log management and event reporting, hardware asset inventory automated detection and event reporting.
- The individual may also be responsible for maintaining system backups and documentation, applying security and update patches to Windows operating systems and to various software packages that are in use in the production environment, testing and deploying a whitelisting based antivirus application to systems, removing software from Windows servers and workstations, managing ports and services, creating automated tools for log management and to correlate event reporting with known vulnerabilities, configuring new systems based on a default configuration, and deploy and configure a SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) log analytical tool, and configure log aggregation and event reporting to meet company defined reporting guidelines.
- Maintain systems and the hosted services through continued monitoring, coordination of data backup, system troubleshooting and proactive security measures.
- SCCM configuration for windows machine administration, software inventory, windows patching, and event reporting (heavy use and configuration to accomplish the software inventory and software event information, and patching. (configuration, administration). BMC Discover (ADDM). BMC remedy, for asset management and change management.
- Heat lumension (whitelisting antivirus, installing, changing to learning mode, monitoring for blocked services, and placing in run mode).
- Server and client administration to include patching, hardening and performance tuning.
- Support the effort to implement advanced cybersecurity controls and monitoring.
- Support the evaluation of user requests or design specifications for new or modified application functionality and estimate efforts required.
- Analyze, design, code, test, document, implement and maintain application changes.
- Willing to work overtime hours when required by project schedule for completion of target dates.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
- Experience with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, or support of the following applications is preferred (the more the better).
- Solarwinds LEM (for SIEM log aggregation, log management, and event reporting of all software applications active in the production environment).
- Technical expertise in managing applications in a Windows Active Directory Domain with Standard hardware or VMware virtual hardware. CyberArk - demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting.
- Nexpose or Nessus for vulnerability scanning (configuration, report generation, etc).
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows applications. Server and client administration to include patching, hardening and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working on SCADA or industrial control systems is preferred.
- Knowledge in cyber security and experience implementing CIS CSC Top 20, NIST 800 or other security control sets is preferred.
- Familiarity with remote support and troubleshooting is preferred.
- Associates degree in information systems, computer science, engineering or a related field; or the equivalent combination education and experience.
- (Typically ten years of related, progressive work experience would be needed for candidates applying for this position who do not possess a bachelor’ s degree.)
- Five or more years of experience with administration and support of technology systems as outlined in the essential job functions section.
- CompTI A+ or a more advanced certificate is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of designing and configuring reports in a logical manner, capable of communicating effectively with remote personnel in a distributed organization, capable of interacting positively with peers and upper management.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to adhere to compliance aspects of position;
- Understand and comply with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.