St. Paul, Minnesota
Post Date: 06/16/2017 Job ID: 8971 Category: Professional
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Collaborates with business analysts on the client' s business processes to ensure proper system configuration. Accountable for the application design, building, testing, implementation and documentation.
- Coordinates with the training team to develop application specific training curriculums and materials.
- Leads the mapping of current workflows and the development of new workflows to support the implementation of new functionality.
- Develops standards around creating and maintaining business models and documentation for: requirements, system configurations, designs and builds.
- Drives the standardization of system implementation / deployment processes and standards on applications. Include in that standardization are troubleshooting and optimizing approaches around any functional issues that may arise.
- Leads the efforts in logging, tracking, analyzing, and coordinating all system changes, including any software code implementations, as well as resolving issues related to software code modifications or enhancements.
- Prepares scripts and materials as well as performing unit, system and integrated testing tasks.
- Accountable for designing and developing system setup specifications, configuration implementation, testing, and data dictionary documentation for application data elements.
- Develops standardized approach in working with vendors on problem determination, resolution, issue tracking, upgrades and fixes.
- Accountable for the development, implementation and support of on-going operational system support and resolve escalated issues.
- Leads the effort in system audits and process reviews to ensure excellence.
- Accountable for managing and adhering to regulatory requirements, quality standards and best practices for systems and processes.
- Analytical Thinking: Ability to Identify issues, obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and identify alternative solutions.
- Computer Skills Advanced: Skilled in specialized computer software. Ability to use more advanced functions, formulas and other special elements of the specific program or application.
- Critical Thinking: Gathers and integrates critical information, recognizing and addressing underlying assumptions of others, to arrive at effective solutions; breaks down problems into simple tasks or activities; analyzes relationships among several parts of a situation.
- Data Management: Ability to analyze data to interpret and evaluate results, and create reports and/or presentations. Knowledge of appropriate data collection policy and procedures, filing systems, data management systems and programs.
- Interpersonal Communication: Skilled in developing effective rapport with customers, co-workers, or families, actively listening to develop a positive connection.
- Organization: Effective management of projects, deadlines, and work load prioritizing; putting things together in an orderly and functional whole.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; utilizes appropriate tools and staff resources along with sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- Quality Improvement: Systematic approach to reduction or elimination of errors, work back-flow. Knowledge of information systems interfacing and integration. Reports To: IS Manager or Director Direction of Others: None.
- Education: Bachelor' s degree in IT, Computer Science or related degree or equivalent education and experience. Experience: 6 to 9 years of experience in one or more aspects of building and supporting health systems in an electronic environment. Prior health care experience required. Experience
- working with technical build of electronic health system.