Post Date: 04/11/2017 2017-04-11 Job ID: 8311 Category: Technology
- 4-7 years Four year accredited undergraduate engineering degree required.
- Aeronautical/Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical preferred. Other Engineering degrees (such as Chemical, Civil, or Structural) will be considered.
- Must possess leadership, communication, and technical credibility skills in at least one of the following areas: (1) Structural Analysis, including Statics, Mechanics of Deformable Bodies, Materials Science and Fracture Mechanics; or (2) troubleshooting and corrective actions with cabin/aircraft/electrical systems.
- At least 9 years of experience in the design and analysis of aircraft structural, system, and/or cabin repairs.
- Previous experience with aging aircraft structure is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience providing engineering support for line aircraft and live aircraft operations.
- Experience as a lead/manager in an Airline Engineering department.
- Ability to analyze incomplete information, make timely decisions, develop innovative solutions, and mitigate risks to both safety and the operations.
- Thorough knowledge of FAA regulations and/or familiarity with EASA regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of engineering, maintenance, and planning.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in present position.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Access) and AutoCAD (or similar CAD software).
- Candidate must be available for our Client’ s Technical Operations on-site job training and business familiarization required during the initial period of employment
- Responsible to ensure all issued Engineering instructions follow all of our Client' s technical specifications and policies.
- Responsible to make timely assessments of structural, system, cabin, or avionics difficulty affecting line maintenance. This includes SRM/AMM navigation, IPC interchangeability, AD/Service Bulletin/modification status, and compliance to all FAA standards (Fuel Tank Safety CCDLs, EWIS requirements, CMRs and AWLs).
- Responsible to coordinate trouble shooting and corrective actions (repair, modification, and inspection instructions) with maintenance technicians, managers, and foremen to minimize impact to the operations.
- Must practice safety-conscious behaviors.
- Working hours based on operational requirements.