Aerospace Engineer IV
Post Date: 04/26/2017 2017-04-26 Job ID: 8458 Category: Technology
- 15+ years’ experience
- Candidates for this position should have at a minimum: Bachelor’ s Degree in Engineering with 3-5 years aviation related experience, or Master’ s Degree in Engineering with 1-3 years aviation related experience, or Ph.D. Degree in Engineering.
- Must have a high level of understanding of composite structural analysis techniques, with focus on component maintenance and repair design.
- Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is preferred. Familiarity with airline flight operations and support systems, 14 CFR 121 dispatch regulations and 14 CFR 145 repair station regulations are desired.
- Must have strong customer service orientation and relationship management skills, strong project management skills; written and verbal communication skills; multi-tasking abilities; proven results-orientation; and strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products and AUTOCAD, or similar, is desired.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Considerable latitude is provided in determining technical objectives of assignment.
- A wide knowledge of other engineering related disciplines is also desired.
- Accurately anticipates the not so obvious impact of various solutions to technical problems.
- Provides feasible alternatives to solve complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- The winning candidate must be an excellent orator.
- Perform a variety of engineering work in designing, constructing, and testing aircraft components, the majority of which are manufactured from composite materials.
- Develops and supervises the design/repair of aircraft composite and/or sheet-metal components used on a fleet of aircraft made up of multiple aircraft manufacturers.
- The successful candidate serves as an engineer driving commercial aircraft component repair compliance projects.
- This position works very closely with component engineering, fleet engineering, internal shops, external vendors and our client' s TechOps MRO customers. The position will undertake tasks including but not limited to:
- Reviewing data and recommending/implementing changes, as required, to improve aircraft reliability.
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing manufacturers' service bulletins and other correspondence to affected fleets.
- Maintains compliance with applicable FAA, DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations, foreign regulatory requirements and our client' s Technical Operations Policy and Procedures (TOPP) and all other engineering processes.
- Providing status for projects/issues through various briefings and documentation (i.e. Fleet Briefs, Quarterly Business Review, and applicable monthly reports).
- Revising/developing numerous FAA approved Manuals and Engineering Reports.
- Collaboration and constant communication with Manufacturers and the FAA ACO and FSDO/CMO.
- Irregular shift hours may be required, on rare occasion, due to critical requirements. This may include weekend work depending on criticality of the issue.
- Minimal travel is required to support the programs (less than 10%).
- This position will focus on composite & sheet-metal component structures of an aircraft. Areas of knowledge will include composites, sheet metal, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- This position reports to a lead engineer and the Manager of Component Engineering. This position is stationed in MSP hanger facilities.