Aerospace Engineer III
The successful candidate serves as a contract engineer for our Client’s Fleet Solutions Engineering team with a focus on Airbus and Boeing OEM products.
- Support Engineering project development for a wide variety of Avionics, Structures, and Systems Engineering initiatives
- Supporting shop, hangar and line maintenance customers in accomplishing Engineering projects.
- Leaving the office environment and going to hangar, line, shop, planning and other support groups to gain details necessary to complete accurate project.
- Providing aircraft engineering support to a variety of internal customers and outside suppliers to support Engineering solutions for long term safety/reliability/cost effectiveness.
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing manufacturers' service bulletins and other correspondence to affected fleets.
- Reviewing data and recommending and implementing changes as required to improve aircraft reliability.
- This position reports to the Engineering Solutions Manager, and work demand will vary based on current departmental needs and priorities among multiple managers.
- Develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- Prefer candidates have: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 3-5 yrs aviation related experience, Master's Degree in Engineering with 1-3 yrs aviation related experience, Ph.D. Degree in Engineering, or 5-9 years in a technical aviation related discipline with at least 2-3 yrs in an aviation engineering organization.
- Project Management skills or certifications a plus.
- Recent college graduates with a degree in Engineering or an aviation-related field will be considered.
- Previous airline, military, OEM or MRO experience with commercial aircraft is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with airline flight operations and support systems, FAR 121 dispatch regulations, computers and programming is desirable.
- Works under minimal direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Only complex/difficult projects are reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Majority of projects require no review.
- Solid understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories and concepts as they pertain to his/her job function.
- General knowledge of engineering related disciplines outside his/her job function.
- Provide feasible alternatives to solve difficult technical problems over a wide scope.
- Solutions are imaginative and practical.
- SCEPTRE knowledge preferred as well as our Client’s process and procedure knowledge.
- Familiarity with Boeing and Airbus products is favorable.
- Project Management experience desirable.