Administrative Services Operations Support
- Utilize internal systems to process visitors
- Triage center visitors to appropriate channel
- Assist in coordinating monthly calendar of Events
- Organize and participate in member events
- Set-up and break down chairs/tables for events
- Set-up coffee/refreshments and maintain throughout day
- Assist with events/educational seminars
- Cover for the Guidance Center Coordinator as needed
- Assist with reports
- Consumer Engagement
- Administrative Services Knowledge: You understand methodologies and processes for coordinating and providing office administrative, clerical and support services, not specific to a particular business discipline.
- Implementation/Execution: You are good at organizing and managing multiple priorities and/or projects by using appropriate methodologies and tools.
- Communication: You actively listen to others to understand their perspective and ensure continuous understanding regardless of communication channel or audience.
- Problem Solving: You are a problem solver with the ability to encourage others in collaborative problem solving. You can be a broker and consultant regarding resources. You engage people in problem solving without taking over.
- High energy with an on-stage personality that is warm and welcoming
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours a week ( M-F between the hours of 8-5pm)
- Ability to work closely with the senior population
- Able to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate needs/be proactive
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and be flexible in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable presenting information to a group of people
- High School Diploma
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook and Excel
- Good typing skills
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality and work independently in support of the department
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Health and Wellness background is preferred