Administrative House Supervisor (RN
Post Date: 05/10/2017 Job ID: 8593 Category: Health
- The Administrative House Supervisor is responsible for focusing on immediate problem solving of issues that may affect patient care and/or how to enhance patient care.
- This includes decisions about bed placement, provision of adequate and competent staffing, use of resources, balance of patient needs with fiscal accountability, educating associates, reviewing with associates hospital policies and ensuring compliance with policies, accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Has direct access to administrative chain of command for critical and advanced decision-making.
- The Administrative House Supervisor has first line administrative leadership responsibility during the time frame when other administrative or management personnel are not on site (evenings nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Monitors and evaluates clinical standards within the Hospital. Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Coordinates all administrative and nursing activities, directly and indirectly related to patient care, to ensure a standard of excellence is maintained in the quality of care delivered to patients.
- The position requires providing managerial/administrative supervision to a facility which provides care and services to a normal through critically ill, neonatal through geriatric patient population in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of functional and developmental age of the individual served.
- Assesses patient flow and throughput our client.
- Takes a leadership role in the assessment of admissions, ensures all admissions and transfers are appropriate in regards to utilization.
- This position provides managerial supervision focused on admissions, patient placement and transfers.
- Coordinating bed flow and patient admissions, transfers, discharges.
- Manages Float Pool staff and directs departments to float associates to accommodate urgent staffing needs.
- Routinely rounds on all units within SFMC. In addition, responds to codes, deaths, and other urgent patient care situations as needed.
- This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of our Client.
- It is expected that the associate holding this position will demonstrate behaviors consistent with our core values and will comply with all required standards governing our commitment to Compassionate Care, Exemplary Service and serving our patients.
- The associate holding this position will support our Client’ s strategic plan and all essential elements of Quality Improvement and Financial Stewardship.
- Current CA RN license
- Current BLS-C card (AHA)
- Current ACLS required
- Current PALS required within 3 mos of hire
- Prefer Bachelor degree in Nursing (NLN accredited)
- Must have previous Management experience with direct responsibility for coaching and disciplinary action
- Demonstrated knowledge of staffing methodology including nurse/patient ratios and cost mitigation.
- Three to five years acute care experience a must
- Two years recent supervisory or Charge Nurse experience in an acute care facility
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Basic computer skills