Specific Job Details:
2017-11-07 Job ID: 10603 Category: Professional
- Provides administrative and secretarial support by performing delegated administrative and clerical duties for the assigned work area(s).
- Exhibits confidentiality, flexibility, accountability and professionalism.
- Prioritizes heavy work volume among the various areas according to department demands.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, documentation, surveys and schedules meetings and resources.
- May maintain databases as required by department.
- Serves as a resource to the institution for department related needs and questions.
Specific Job Details:
- Applies administrative assistant expertise to perform a variety of secretarial/clerical tasks.
- Is accountable for ensuring accuracy and completeness of all documents.
- Tasks may include transcribing correspondence/documents; maintaining calendars; scheduling meetings; making travel arrangements; answering telephones and providing related follow-through; creating and maintaining web pages and databases/spreadsheets; supporting departmental projects/activities as assigned; preparing reports, meeting agendas and minutes, and presentation materials; processing reimbursement for travel and other professional expenses; and maintaining electronic files and records.
- Routinely serves as a resource and mentor to others as opportunities arise.
- Demonstrates initiative, proficiency, and good judgment to optimize the time of those supported.
- Strong organizational and communication skills and a commitment to quality and excellence in service are important components of the role.
- PART TIME POSITION, working 20 hours per week. Shift: M-F, 10am-2pm but flexible. (Able to do 9am-1pm or 12-4pm if that works better for the candidate.)
- Superior general office and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality policy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to compose correspondence/memoranda, presentations, documentation, and spreadsheets with minimal errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and accomplish goals.
- Flexibility, innovation, and creativity.
- Ability to suggest new approaches to office procedures.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, database management, e-mail, and calendar programs, preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Requires successful completion of a one- or two-year degree/diploma in an administrative assistant/secretarial field or a minimum of two years’ experience in a secretarial/administrative assistant role performing responsibilities such as managing calendars, supporting individuals, creating correspondence/reports/presentations, database/spreadsheet management, coordinating travel, etc.
- Requires excellent application of grammar, punctuation, and English usage.
- Must have computer experience and possess proficiency on technical office equipment (computer, printer, dictation equipment, phone system, copier/fax machine, etc.).
- Must possess high-level skill in organization, professional/customer service focus, interpersonal relations, excellent written and oral communication skills, and have the ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks simultaneously, including standard office practices and independent composition of letters. Must demonstrate good decision-making and judgment as well as attention to detail and follow-through.
- Must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Typing skill of 60 WPM and experience with secretarial/clerical software is preferred.
- TOP SKILLS: Outlook Scheduling, Excel.