- Provides administrative and secretarial support by performing delegated administrative and clerical duties for the assigned work area(s).
- Exhibits confidentiality, flexibility, accountability and professionalism.
- Prioritizes heavy work volume among the various areas according to department demands.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, spreadsheets, documentation, surveys and schedules meetings and resources.
- May maintain databases as required by department.
- Serves as a resource to the institution for department related needs and questions.
- This position involves working in a very fast paced environment and being able to take clerical and clinical information from multiple sources, organize and prioritize this information for task completion.
- Able to take in information about patients, timing of discharge and plan with a social worker or RN Case Manager on transitions of care.
- Able to assemble and send 8-10 packets for discharges every day, including providing patients with regulatory documents for Medicare patients.
- The selected candidate needs to feel comfortable in speaking with the nursing staff.
Specific Job Details:
- The hours of work are 1130am until 8 pm daily with a rotating weekend.
- The weekend shift hours are 8-5pm with days off during the week.
- Patient access for discussions on transition planning and signing of regulatory documents occur daily.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced multitasking environment.
- Strong computer skills required.
- A professional appearance is required at all times.
- Superior general office and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality policy.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to compose correspondence/memoranda, presentations, documentation, and spreadsheets with minimal errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and accomplish goals.
- Flexibility, innovation, and creativity.
- Ability to suggest new approaches to office procedures.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, database management, e-mail, and calendar programs, preferred.
- Health care experience preferred.
- BASIC Requirements: High school diploma or GED