AR Wash Up
Sioux City, Iowa 51111
- The primary focus of this position is to prepare and sort lenses for the coating process.
- Duties in this position are usually repetitive, requiring limited analysis and use of individual judgement.
- Specific duties for this position include printing envelopes, inserting lenses into the envelopes, sorting and stacking trays on shelves, and inserting lenses into trays.
- Supervision ranges from close to general.
- Percentage of Time All duties to be performed according to the established standard and in compliance with all company policies and procedures while maintaining regular, prompt attendance and availability for overtime as needed: Retrieve trays from shelves, numerically match tray to envelope, and place lenses from envelope into tray. 35%
- Utilize computer database to print envelopes for each job tray ensuring all envelopes are printed. 30%
- Insert lenses into the correct envelope in preparation for coating. 20%
- Sort trays according to number or material and place on correct shelf. 15%
- Assist with sorting trays by coating type.
- Perform other duties within the Surfacing department or other areas as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Observe all company policies, rules, and safety practices.
- The tasks of this position generally requires duties to be performed by: Frequently lift and move up to 10 lbs above shoulder height unaccompanied and 20 lbs to waist unaccompanied.
- Regularly stand/walk for duration of shift.
- Regularly required to stoop, climb, or balance.
- Coordinated use of hands and fingers to grasp, feel objects, transfer small items from one hand to another, fine manipulation, and bilateral reach with arms.
- Use of close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Fast paced, production environment.
- Regularly work with others.
- The noise level in the laboratory is generally quiet to moderate.
- Regularly required to work with or around chemicals.
Safety and Ergonomic Requirements:
- Must practice safe work practices at all times and report any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Required to wear the appropriate PPE while in the laboratory, including but not limited to safety eyewear and enclosed shoes.
- Attend and participate in all required safety trainings.
- Follow all Lock Out/Tag Out procedures as required for both authorized and affected users.
- Participate in daily ergonomic stretches and follow all ergonomic requirements of the position.
- Follow all personal dress requirements according to the established dress code and safety requirements.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous related experience and/or training helpful.
- Language Ability
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write short correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Math Ability
- Basic ability to add and subtract.
- Understand decimal numerical sequencing.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Demonstrate good judgement and decision making skills.
- Computer Skills Basic skills needed.
- Certificates and Licenses None required.