AR / Intercompany Accountant
Woodcliff Lake, New Jersey
Post Date: 05/09/2017 2017-05-09 Job ID: 8579 Category: Financial
- Performs the accounts receivable and intercompany accounting, reconciliation, analyses and reporting activities for our Client Holding Corporation in accordance with the our client’ s financial policies and procedures.
- Nature and scope of main accountabilities
- Apply incoming cash, monitor and reconcile interface postings to the Accounts Receivable ledger.
- Prepare reconciliations of the Accounts Receivable sub ledger to the General Ledger and related account analyses/roll-forwards to ensure business transactions are reflected accurately and timely. Complete all Intercompany accounting and reconciliation.
- Assist in the review, test, and change to existing internal accounting controls that prevent the company from being exposed to unnecessary risk. Implement new controls deemed necessary.
- Maintain the Miscellaneous Billing system. Process Miscellaneous Billing activity for entire company.
- Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger for intercompany related transactions.
- Process our client' s AG invoices.
- Process chargebacks to all entities.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly settlements.
- Complete FX Revaluation.
- Prepare and post the cash application for our client’ s liability settlement.
- Purpose and subject of interaction with internal / external customers and key contacts
- Maintain open lines of communication with all B2-US departments so that cash, miscellaneous billing adjustments and intercompany transactions can be processed timely and accurately.
- Various account reconciliations assigned to General Accounting
- Provide the external auditors with requested documentation, analyses and/or explanations.
- Provide assistance with all IFT Accounts Receivable and intercompany adjustments.
- Challenges with regard to innovation and change
- Continuous improvements, efficiency, effectiveness of Accounting and Financial Reporting activities.
- Complexities of intercompany chargebacks as the company continues to grow and add additional businesses
- Bachelor’ s Degree with major or concentration in Accounting.
- Work experience required
- 3-5 years or direct accounting experience. Working knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards).
- Special knowledge / technical skills etc
- SAP, Microsoft Office